Client: 'Just In Center'
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Completion date: 2009
ARCH-E Biuro Projektowe
The Office & Hotel Building “Just In Center” has been completed in 2009 in the center of Wrocław, Poland. The main architect of the complex is arch. Marek Skorupski and his studio ARCH-E Biuro Projektowe. Architects were aware that they were setting up a modern building in a place where from 1888 to the end of the Second World War stood a monumental neo-baroque building of the Imperial Main Post Office. The Berliner architects Walter Kyllmann and Adolph Heyden were responsible for the former façade of the building.
Tomasz Urbanowicz was invited by architects to collaborate in creating an artwork that would preserve the "spirit" of historical architecture. Basing on the archival materials and inspired by the drawings he created a modern glass façade that would refer to the previous building character. The glass façade is the main entrance to the building and through its transparency and play of light it revives the space of the lobby and street, showing the author's respect for history. The total height of the glass façade is 10 meters.
The collaboration with the architects from ARCH-E Biuro Projektów started at the final design process and consisted of the exchange of ideas and presenting the archival material. The glass art façade technical and final solution was proposed and implemented by Tomasz Urbanowicz and his own glass atelier – ARCHIGLASS.